Glenwood City Recycling Center Hours
Tuesdays: 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
*You will be fined for depositing items after the Recycling Center is closed*
The Glenwood City Recycling Center is located at 221 Water Street, Glenwood City, WI 54013 across from the community center. A Recycling ID Tag is required and may be obtained from the Town of Forest Clerk.
Remember to to display your Recycling ID tag in your vehicle. It needs to be hanging on your mirror.
Town of Forest residents are allowed to bring recyclables only, NO GARBAGE MAY BE DUMPED at the recycling center.
- Glass clear and brown. No window glass, mirrors. Any metal caps, cap rings, or foil must be removed from the glass. Bottles must be reasonably clean.
- Cans can either be whole or crushed
Tin Cans (Bi-Metal)
- Tin cans can be both whole or crushed and reasonably clean. Labels need not be removed.
- All types of cardboard are accepted. Boxes should be broken down before depositing.
- All residential paper including magazines and newspaper are accepted. Paper needs to be removed from plastic bags before depositing.
- Acceptable plastics include PETE (#1) and HDPE (#2). Containers must be empty and the caps removed and reasonably clean.
Items accepted with a fee:
$25.00 – Sectional couch.
$20.00 – Couches, king size mattress or box spring.
$15.00 – Recliners, love seats, upholstered chairs, dining room table or chairs (each), queen size mattress or box spring.
$10.00 – Toilets, carpet, carpet pad (per room), full or twin size mattress or box spring, bath tubs.
$5.00 – Gas and charcoal grills, coffee or end tables, vanities, high chairs, windows, sinks, ironing boards, steel doors, dressers.
14″ -19″ – $5.00
20″ – 24″ – $6.00
The recycling facility cannot accept appliances, electronics of any kind, construction debris or hazardous materials.
This is not an all-inclusive list. Check with the recycling attendant before depositing items not listed. Do NOT leave items in the fenced in area.
For more information on recycling, contact the St. Croix County Recycling Specialist at 715-531-1907 or visit http://www.sccwi.gov/420/Recycling